Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Helo Tour - WOW!!


The Moday helicopter tour of Kauai was one of the highlights of this amazing trip, without a doubt. I am not going to take the time now to try to describe it in detail since it would take longer than the flight itself! I will update this post later after we return. Just a few details...we went on a Hughes 500 with the doors OFF (as pictured)...what a blast. I let the kids pick...they could have had a comfy, quiet ride on an A-Star instead...but to my surprise and excitement, they chose the open door. Great choice! The wind, noise, the ground thousands of feet below your sandal bottoms, the cliffs so close you'd think you could reach out and touch them...wow! Brian & I got the back seats (me right , Brian left), and from left to right in the front was the pilot (Jason), Maddie, and Christine (had to fly with 4 and she was our foursome, she actually flies helos, big ones, in the active military). Maddie was glad she wasn't the only girl, and Christine was great with her. The flight was about 60 minutes long (longer would have been better!) and it covered all the highlights of the island. We got to see some places we have been (North Shore, etc), and some places we haven't (Na Pali coast, Waimea Canyon, the wettest spot on Earth >420 inches of rain a year!) I ended up taking over 180 pictures on a 60 minute flight. Obviously, can't share them all here, but I will try to pick out some highlights! As I said, words can't describe, and I don't think pictures can either. Memories and feelings are what we will keep forever. If you ever get out here. I highly recommend it!!












It was fabulous! Gratitude.... Aloha for now!



2 comments:

Carrie said...

So awesome! I'm so glad you all have been able to have this fantastic and wonderful vacation! You have had so many amazing and wonderful experiences. They truly will be lifetime memories! I'm sad for you that it is coming to an end!

Suzy said...

Those were great pictures! I'm glad you three have had this experience... one that is unforgettable indeed. I'll try to stop being jealous ;).